Most homeowners don’t really pay all that much attention to their roof. Sure, it protects against sun, wind, rain, and much worse, but it’s usually of little consequence to homeowners until something has gone wrong.
The experienced roofing contractors at DMG Exteriors know this all too well, and we know that taking care of roofs before disaster strikes is always in homeowners’ best interests! That’s because replacing your roof at the right time can save you tons of stress and money.
To help you know when it’s time for a roof replacement, here are some of the most common red flags of roofing problems.
5 Signs It’s Time for a Roof Replacement in Valparaiso, IN
The important thing to understand about roofing problems is that they only ever get worse. Call on your local roofing contractor at DMG Exteriors if you start noticing:
- Signs of water damage in your home. Check your attic or the rooms closest to the roof in your home. If you notice dark patches, structural weakness, or mold growth, your roof is at least in need of repair, if not outright replacement.
- Missing roofing materials. If you’re finding shingles or tiles on your lawn, then your roof is in trouble. Outside of isolated incidents, such as those caused by storm damage, a roof that is losing its materials is most frequently one that has become too old or has weathered too much damage.
- Shingles that are buckling, cracking, or losing granules. Keep watch for any materials that are severely damaged, replacing them as soon as possible. If you start to notice buckling or changes in the pitch or planes of your roof, contact an expert who can inspect your roof and provide expert advice.
- A more frequent need for roof repairs. Needing a roofing repair every now and again isn’t anything to be too upset or surprised about. However, if you’re calling your roofing repair contractor every one to two years, it may be time to consider a new roof for your Indiana home.
- An aging roof. The average lifespan of a roof varies, depending on the materials it was made from and how well the roof is maintained. Typically, asphalt roofs will last around 20 years. Higher-end materials, like cedar or composites, will usually last about 30 years or more. If you’re unsure about the age of your roof, a roofing contractor at DMG Exteriors can help you assess the approximate age and expected lifespan of your roof.
Contact DMG Exteriors for Roofing Services in Lake, Porter & LaPorte Counties, IN
If you’ve noticed some signs of roof damage or problems, contact an experienced roofing contractor at DMG Exteriors. Our experts have decades of experience in residential roofing, and we are dedicated to ensuring our clients get the quality services and solutions they need. Whether you need a minor repair or a complete roof replacement, including new gutters, soffits, and fascias, you can count on DMG Exteriors for superior service and exceptional results.
Licensed, bonded, and fully insured, we are dedicated to going above and beyond to serve our customers’ needs. Our goal is always 100% customer satisfaction!
Check out our portfolio to see why DMG is the number one choice for roofing services, as well as home improvement, repair, and remodel services, throughout Northwest Indiana—or contact us today! We respond to calls 24/7 and promptly respond to all emails.